Monday, January 5, 2009

LADYBUGS!!!!!!!


When I was younger, I use to play with ladybugs. I thought they were so cute. I guess it had something to do with them being polka dotted. Needless to say, my opinion has changed.


I despise ladybugs!!!!!!

They are all over my house. It started about 2 years ago, right about the time Payton was born. They would start appearing in the fall and by winter they would be gone. I think every ladybug in the county decided to take up residence at my house. You could walk outside and you would be covered. You could walk in my house and you would see them on the ceiling, flying around lights, and laying in the floor dead. My MIL feared that Payton was gonna swallow one. I have found them in my dryer, my sink, my floor, in Christmas bags that I had fixed for gifts, and in Payton's bed. I have spent numerous hours vacuuming up ladybugs. They are so common that Payton will now point them out to us. Every night when she goes to bed she scans her ceiling and if she finds one I have to remove it from her room or she will not go to sleep.

They usually go away when the weather turns cooler and I have looked forward to that day for the past 2 years. This year, our weather has been very strange. It can be 35 one day and 60 the next. When it gets warmer, the ladybugs appear again!!


Do you have this problem? Do you have a solution?? HELP, I'm being invaded!!!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

We have had that problem off and on since we moved here 14 years ago. I hate them in the house too. Sadly, I have no solutions for you. I don't really like to use pesticides inside my house so we just plow our way through the ladybugs until they all die or find their way back outside. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem and they drive me crazy! I vacuum them up but then it seems like I could vacuum all day and there would still be more!

Sona said...

Ladybugs in the home are a sign of a cold winter to come. Years that you don't have them will be mild.

They are harmless. Let them be.

John's Arts & Crafts said...

Great Blog! New blog Hx. of the Ladybug http://historyoftheladybug.blogspot.com/

Maria said...

Debbie,
14 years of ladybugs off ..... hopefully that will not be the case for me. I don't use pesticides inside either.

Alisha,
I agree about the vacuuming. I could vacuum every day but I just do a walk through and try to pick up as many as possible.

Sona,
I have had them for the past 3 years and we have had 3 extremely mild winters. Maybe it is the opposite for me.

The biggest problem I have is dead ladybugs laying everywhere just makes my house seem nasty! Then I feel like I need to clean every day. :)